Monday, May 01, 2006

Good Morning Bloggers

It's May! Wow, how did that happen? The months seem to be flying by, soon the blackflies will be out, the fire truck will be coming to fill the pool and then the kids will be on summer vacation.

So now that I am not hungover, I can tell you a bit about our night out. A friend was home from Ont. that I went to Air Cadets with. I haven't seen him for probably 10 years or more. A bunch of us went out to the bar, there wasn't anyone around but that was fine, it gave us a chance to talk, we talked about old time and some of the foolish things we did. It was so funny when someone would remember something that one of us forgot, scary actually, when you think I was only 14 and 15 at the time. There was 3 of us there from our cadet group, so the stories were flying. LOL It was great to see Jack, I hope another 10 years doesn't go by before we meet up again. We ended up going to Doolys, where everyone looked 20 years younger than me and didn't have any clothes on, I swear there is a material shortage going on in NS. I think I'll just continue to cover up my rolls, I don't like to show them off. LOL

So I have today off and I have to get some cleaning done. I just finished the tub and shower walls. Next on my list is to wash the floors. I was just talking to the boss for a minute, we're thinking of going to see Romane the hypnotist on Wed. I'd love to go but won't go by myself so I'll wait for her to decide. If we go, it will be to the stop smoking seminar. Now that I have 30lbs off it's time to take the next step and I hope that I don't gain the weight back. I have no will power at all when it comes to smoking, I've tried to quit before and haven't lasted long. I have to keep telling myself that I have to do it, not just for me but for Doug and the kids too. I'll have extra money to pay the bills and maybe take the kids away for a few days this summer.

Anyway, time to get back to cleaning before I get glued to my chair here. Have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

no_average_girl said...

hey girl...i'm here via wendy! :-) looks as if you have a great place here! i'll be back when i have a little more time to just browse! blessings!

Carmen said...

Wendy sent me. :)

I hope the hypnosis helps with the quitting smoking. And glad you had fun with old friends!

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, girlfriend....30 pounds that's terrific (I'd stay away from Wendy's virtual brownies though!) The divine Miss wings directed me here and I always do What I'm directed.) Hope you'll check out the Blog Olympics today. It's fun and just take a few minutes. Bragging rights are involved. Have a good one!

Jennifer said...

here from wendy's! cute blog template! it's just like mine! us pink people must stick together!

momsmusings said...

hey Valerie, I am here from Wendy's, I am just checking out a bunch of others from there even though they are not in front of me!! My hubby is from Nova Scotia, it is always neat to find people on the net from places you know!! We are in Ontario now.

i enjoyed your blog

WendyWings said...

Stay strong Val, shall I arrange for DL to kick your butt if you pick up a smoke ?
BTW audition results are up but you were already in the cast but check it out anyway :)