Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Could it be?

Could spring be here? The sun is out, the temp. is suppose to go up to 10, can we get that lucky? Sure we can and then next week we'll get a nice big snow storm. LOL Life in the maritimes. I love spring, especially the first part of it, before the flies come out. Then I stay inside again. LOL

I worked the close shift last night, only 13 more sleeps till we go to our new hours and will close at 9 on weeknights. Tomorrow I'm going to Greenwood with the boss, she's going to a meeting and I'm going window shopping, no I don't need new windows, I just don't have any money.

On Saturday it will be 12 years since the day I found out that my baby boy had Spina Bifida. I had to wait until the next week to get in to the IWK/Grace and see a Dr. there, who did an ultrasound and told me that yes, my baby had Spina Bifida and most likely, hydrocephulas, he'd probably never walk, did I want to abort. I knew he had movement in his legs, he used to kick the remote off my belly. The Dr. told us to go out for lunch and come back with my decision. So we went to Smitty's where my sister and father ate their lunch, and mine too, since I cried all through lunch. LOL With everyone wanting me to abort my baby at 23 weeks I felt so alone but I stood my ground. Almost 12 years later my baby boy has had 12 operations, has played soccer, loves to ride his bike, loves to fish and made 98 on Science on his report card. He wants to be a Storm Chaser when he grows up and knowing Josh, if he wants to do it, he will.

I'm adding a picture that amazes me and brings me to tears every time I see it. It was taken while a Dr. was performing surgery to close a baby's back, which they can do now before the baby is born, when I had Josh that wasn't heard of
.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful post. I love seeing that pic too. Your son sounds like a fighter. The whole post brought tears to my eyes. TY for the reality check. *hug*

OH I was over at Wendy's :)

Anonymous said...

Touching post that really speaks to the bravery of your son.

Wendy directed me here today.

Anonymous said...

Larry back at you from Wendy's direction. Sorry my weblog crashed your browser - have configured it in Firefox 1.5 but seems to crash IE browsers -- taking a look into why. Thanks for stopping by though and adding comment.
I admire your strength to post an entry like this -- reminds me of what good blogging is all about. Take care, Larry