Monday, December 22, 2008

The day after

Whew, I wasn't kidding last night when I said we were having a storm, it snowed and blew and rained and blew now the sun is out but the wind is still picking up quite often. I lost count of how many times our power went off through the night. The cordless phone by my bed talks every time the power comes on and I listened to that quite a few times through the night. Thank God we didn't lose any trees but I'm sure not everyone was that lucky. We still have some snow, so if it doesn't rain we might have a bit of a white Christmas but it is still calling for rain on Christmas Eve, yuck.

So today for my day off I'm trying to get some house work done, I'm going over to visit with June and Wendy in a little bit. June has gone out to get her hair done so I'm waiting till she should be home. Breanna and I'll go over for awhile, then I have to try and remember to stop and get Mom's mail, which I haven't done in forever, then close her PO Box, come home and do some more housework. I still need to go up to my in-laws and wrap but Doug might have to do that tomorrow night, he has to work late tonight and I work tomorrow night, there's not much to do though so I think he can handle it. If not, we'll get it done when we're up there when I get off work on Christmas Eve. We close at 4 so I'll be up there shortly after that. Lots of people think it sucks that we work Christmas Eve but it doesn't bother me at all, everyone on staff works, we take turns on cash, we laugh, carry on, eat and just have lots of fun, there's no way you can be in a bad mood.

Speaking of moods, I'm doing pretty good, the other night I had a good cry when I was talking to my Aunt Barb. Certain Christmas songs can make me cry, when I think about not having any family here at all this Christmas I get kinda sad but who wouldn't. It's going to be very different this year from last, when all plans were made around Mom. Just different...

No comments: