Tuesday, February 09, 2010

First competition over

We had a very busy weekend, leaving here by 11:30 on Friday and not getting home till 7ish on Sunday, by that time I was so darn tired I can't say for sure what time we got home. The girls did great, they got a bit of stage fright but after a chat from their Head Coach Meikka, and some hugs and kisses from parents, they went out there and they ROCKED the place. You would never know that they had never performed in front of a large audience before. They were in last place as of Saturday night, not that we cared, they did their best and it was amazing, but Sunday they did even better and moved up to 4Th place, so we were even more proud of them than we were on Saturday.

Then it was a long drive home, we woke up to snow in NB so the drive home was pretty scary at times, I don't enjoy snow covered roads, especially when someone besides Doug is driving. LOL I'm sure on that road I would have been growling at him too. I was scared to death, I even had a sore neck yesterday that probably came from being so tense.

Anyway, first one is done, the next one is the end of the month, 2 days in Exhibition Park in Halifax, we aren't staying in, the competition doesn't start till 11 both days so we'll drive in and out. Now we just have to come up with registration $$. Chaching!

No comments: