Saturday, August 05, 2006

Someone remind me that I'm not 19 anymore

As I've mentioned before, my cousin Jeff is home with his family for summer vacation, when he's home we always have a night out. Last night was our night. Now most times when I go out, by midnight I'm walking around drinking water, not last night, heck now, I'm still drinking rum at 2am. Drunk? Me? Oh yea, probably the most I've had to drink in the 13 years I've been married. But we had a great time! There was Doug and I, Jeff and Kelly, Kelly's brother who I haven't seen in many years, Kelly's step brother and his wife and my cousin Debbie. Donna-Leigh was going back and forth between the guys and galls from her work and us, she had to work today and went home early, which sucked. I got to see lots of people I haven't seen in a long time, got up to dance a few times, almost smacked a Barbie doll wanna be in the head, what a night. We need to do that more. And, for the first time since Breanna was born, we had no kids for the night, yes, the first time in almost 9 years!

I went to bed at 5:30am so tonight is going to be an early night, have a shower, watch a movie and go to bed, like old people like me should!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I dont think you need to be reminded of anything! Sounds like you had a blast, and it doesnt matter what age you are. Good for you! I need to have a night like that once in a while. By the Way, I love Josh's cake. The colors are awesome, and it looks quite yummy! Wilpower...yeah, I have some in there somewhere!